2021 ABPI Code of Practice training – intermediate online for new starters
Our new online ABPI Code of Practice training course gives a great introduction to the Code and focuses on the 5 big Code topics – principles, promotion v non-promotion, meetings and events, using clinical data and digital materials such as websites and social media.
It is ideal if you are new to the ABPI Code of Practice but don’t need training on the whole Code at this stage. Plus you benefit from an expert trainer with the chance to ask questions and work through mock materials.
Thursday 12th January 2023
Offer price: £375 + VAT per person (discounts are available for 5+ places – please get in touch)
Booking closes 11th January 2023 at 5.00pm or when spaces are full.
This course is totally online and is a mix of recorded videos, live sessions and a practical workshop on zoom.
- Start by watching 4 pre-course videos explaining the background to the Code (45 minutes)
- Attend 3 live sessions on zoom. These will run at 10.30am – 12.30pm, 1.30pm – 2.30pm and a final workshop critiquing materials at 3.00pm – 4.00pm (BST, 4 hours)
- Complete the final course assessment to receive your completion certificate (15 minutes)
- The sessions will not be recorded so please make sure you can make all three live sessions
On the agenda
- How do complaints come about – how often and from whom?
- The 4 principles of the Code and their practical implications
- Promotion v non-promotion – what is the difference and the implications
- Meetings and events – key considerations, including advisory board meetings
- Using clinical data to make compliant claims
- Digital materials such as websites and social media – do’s and don’ts
- The course is given by Jayne Packham, a leading UK Code of Practice trainer with over 30 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry working with the Code of Practice. She trains thousands (literally) of people every year, helping them to unpick the Code with enthusiasm, clarity and relevant examples.
Feedback from our other Code courses
- Thank you for running a very interactive, informative session. It certainly is the best ABPI training out there!
- Well presented, thought out course. Jayne, you did an amazing job of making a dry topic interesting and understandable
- High level of engagement during the day. Good level of explanation and a high level of knowledge
- Good use of case studies to illustrate clauses and the open discussion was very beneficial
- I was dreading this compulsory training, but it has been a really enjoyable, interesting course
This course is good if you…
- Are in a pharmaceutical company or supporting agency and prepare, review and approve materials
- You are new to the Code or have little experience and want to develop your knowledge
- You just want to know about the key Code topics at this stage
- You can commit to a full day of training (4 hours with breaks) and appreciate the opportunity to ask questions and critique mock examples
How to book a place
- Pay by card: visit our eLearning store and select the 2021 ABPI Code of Practice – intermediate level course. Register your details and you’ll get immediate access to the videos and links to book your live zoom session. You can also bulk buy multiple places online and pay by card.
- Pay by invoice: please contact us letting us know how many places, the email address of the delegate and the billing details and purchase order number. We will then give you access and invoice you.
There are discount schemes for booking 5+ places that can be used over a 12 month period and so please contact us for more information.
In booking a place, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
Find out how to book at the bottom of this page
Sign up to our newsletters
Join our news bulletin for the latest updates, news and free webinars