This 1-day share, discuss and learn Conference is aimed at Medical Information Managers and senior staff and will explore the latest hot topics that are being face by Medical Information.
Uniquely the final Q&A session will be determined by delegates and gives an opportunity to anonymously ask questions, to gain ideas or help you solve MI issues you might be facing.
- Challenges of staff training – the Novartis approach to efficient staff training
Anna Hill, Senior MI Officer, Novartis, UK
Training staff, especially new staff, is vital but can be time consuming. Anna will share their experiences of the changing face of MI training and how they have made the process more efficient.
- Are industry MI departments useful? Results of a recent survey undertaken by UK Medicines Information pharmacists
Katie Smith, Director – East Anglia Medicines Information Service
Earlier this year, UK Medicines Information pharmacists did a survey looking at the quality and usefulness of contacting industry Medical Information departments. Katie will share the results followed by discussion about how interactions can be more efficient and useful.
- Managing restructuring and workload
Soo Stroud, Head of Copy Approval and Medical Information, BMS, UK
Soo will share her insights into a recent restructure and alternative steps they have taken to manage the workload challenge.
- MI visibility success stories
An opportunity to share your success stories about the little or big things you’ve done to make sure MI is on the agenda and is visible and valued. If you’ve attended before, the big Post-it note wall is back, by popular demand.
- Hot topic discussions – open forum Q&A session
A quick recap of some of the latest issues MI are facing. This is an opportunity to ask questions to help you gather ideas and maybe solve issues you’re facing. Anonymous questions are welcome.
Who should attend?
The Conference is aimed at more experienced Medical Information staff such as managers, team leaders and senior MI staff. There is plenty of opportunity to share and discuss and so knowledge or experience of the ABPI Code of Practice, the GVP modules impacting on MI, PV inspections and your own policies would be helpful.
Having said that, the conference is open to all Medical Information staff.
Feedback from previous Conferences
Feedback has been extremely positive. Here are just a few of the comments we received.
- Open and frank discussions. Excellent and I’d recommend to others.
- Very informative and useful day.
- Great to network.
- Very insightful and very interesting comments to take away.
- Content was all very relevant. It is also beneficial that Jayne knows her topics well.