This training course is an intensive introduction to Medical Information, giving you an excellent foundation in the essential skills that you need. It’s an opportunity to learn from an experienced tutor, Jayne Packham with over 20 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry. The course will cover:
- Answering enquiries – finding the best information from people (internal and external), books and websites
- Reputable Medical Information websites
- Tuning into your customers – understanding your customer’s roles, needs and customer service expectations
- Handling enquiries from the public – what can you provide them?
- Essential telephone skills
- Handling calls from challenging customers
- Overview of the diverse role of Medical Information – just a service or is it vital for the business?
- How to search literature databases, such as PubMed and Embase
- Medical Information governance – which regulations and Codes of Practice impact on handling Medical Information enquiries?
- Essential guide to data protection
- Key findings from MHRA Pharmacovigilance inspections that relate to Medical Information activities
- Effective writing skills
- Opportunities to meet with other Medical Information professionals
Priority booking will be given to those attending both days of this course, but depending on delegate numbers, it may be possible to attend just one day of this course. Please contact us for more information. .
Who has been on this course already?
- New Medical Information staff
- Existing Medical Information staff who would like to refresh their knowledge
- Administrators moving into enquiry handling or Medical Information roles
- Staff who have to give back-up cover to Medical Information – for example Clinical Trials, Medical Advisors or Regulatory
Travel and accommodation
The course will take place in rural Staffordshire between Stafford and Stoke-on -Trent.
- If driving, we are about 20 minutes from J14 of the M6 motorway.
- By train, Stafford station is 1 hour 20 minutes from Euston station via Virgin trains. We are then about a 20 minute taxi ride. Alternatively there is a slightly slower and cheaper train to Stone station with London Midland. We are then a 10 minute taxi ride.
- The closest airports are Manchester, Birmingham and East Midlands, all about 1 hour by car.
The course fee does not include accommodation. If you need accommodation, please make your own arrangements. We suggest: