This training course gives a comprehensive overview of the 2015 ABPI Code of Practice – what the Code is, what it covers and how it is practically implemented.
Whilst covering all the Code clauses, we will give extra emphasis to the use of clinical information in materials (clause 7) with do’s and don’ts based on examples taken from recent Code cases.
The course will be very practical, with lots of relevant examples so you can see and quickly learn how the Code should be interpreted and implemented. The small course size will give a tutorial feel to learning, encouraging questions and discussion.
- What is the ABPI Code of Practice – its origins, how it fits with the legal framework and the penalties
- What does the Code cover?
- Step-by-step guide through all the Code clauses – what are the practical implications?
- Focus on clause 7 – do’s and don’ts when using information to make claims and comparisons
- Examples of previous cases to demonstrate key points
- Discussions and regular Code quizzes to check learning
- Tips for checking and commenting on job bags
The course will be delivered by Jayne Packham, an experienced trainer and speaker, with over 23 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry working with the Code of Practice. Please contact us for more information.
This course has received very positive feedback and is highly rated by delegates. People have said …
- Excellent overview of the Code, thorough and very informative
- Very good examples of cases to bring the Code to life
- I would most definitely recommend this course to others
- Good pace, but always time for questions
- The most interactive course I’ve been on recently
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is new to the Code of Practice and who needs to understand the practical implications for their role
- Those that are writing, checking or certifiying materials for Code compliance
- Anyone who wants a refresher training course with hands on examples of recent cases