Training and presenting skills
13 April 2016, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Central London, near Euston station
£445 (ex VAT) per person, including course materials, breakfast, a sit down two course lunch, unlimited refreshments and snacks
This very practical ‘learn by doing’ day will involve you presenting, reviewing existing slides, designing and running interactive activities and hosting an online training session. Your final challenge, one often faced by trainers, will be to take dull clinical data and make it impactful and memorable.
We won’t put you on the spot – we want you to enjoy the day – but you’ll practise in groups, get personal feedback and try new techniques to find what works for your style.
On the agenda
- How to give a confident, impactful delivery, using simple voice and body language techniques
- Avoiding common speaker clichés, presentation mistakes and combatting nerves
- Designing compelling content to get your messages across
- Recognising and incorporating the 7 different learning styles into your sessions
- Using activities to engage the audience – some winning activities for even the dullest of topics
- Using the powers of enthusiasm and story-telling
- Essential facilitation skills to influence and manage your audience, keep them engaged and get the tough ones on your side
- Giving online training sessions – extra factors you need to consider
The course is given by Jayne Packham, an experienced trainer and speaker, with over 23 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry. She has worked in Medical Information, with the ABPI Code of Practice and is a qualified plain English writer.
Previous people liked
- Small group size of about 8 people, giving an interactive, relaxed feel
- Being able to work on your own materials and make meaningful changes during the course
- Lots of practical ideas, that work and are easy to implement into your own sessions
- Meet and network with people from different companies
This course is good for …
- Presenters and trainers who want to up their game, become more confident and enjoy presenting more!
- Getting ideas and activities to transform dull PowerPoint presentations into engaging sessions, even for the most tedious topics
- Trying out new ways to present and train and not worrying if it goes wrong.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel or alter the content or speakers without notice. We will not be liable for any cots you’ve incurred such as travel or accommodation. If you can cancel your place up to 20 days before the event you will receive a full refund less £70 administration fee. After this date, fees will not be refunded. Substitutions can be made at any time without charge.
Wallacespace, 22 Dukes Road, London, WC1H 9PN
Available spaces remaining: 7Book Now
Bookings are closed for this event.