Using clinical data – searching, evaluating and writing
Thursday 13 October 2016, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Central London, near Euston station
£445 (ex VAT) per person, including course materials, breakfast, a sit-down two course lunch, unlimited refreshments and snacks
An interactive, practical day ideal for those who use clinical papers in their jobs and need the skills to evaluate clinical papers and then provide summaries or critiques.
On the agenda
Quick guide explaining how to search literature databases to find quality information, quickly
- Worked examples using PubMed
- Database searching terms you need to know – MeSH, subheadings, explosions, trees structures, Boolean terms and limiting searches
How to critically appraise a clinical paper
- Essential guides to study design, meta-analysis, systematic reviews and common statistical terms
- Two ways to evaluate a paper – a worked example of a quick and an in-depth approach
- Spotting bias in publications in the methods, published paper or the publication process
How to summarise clinical data in written responses or presentations
- What information should be included in a clinical paper summary?
- Worked examples of summarising data into a customer response and a paper summary for Sales staff
- Writing fair and balanced clinical summaries – how previous ABPI Code of Practice cases can help us
- Practical tips for writing style, layout, order, grammar and punctuation
- Tips for summarising clinical data in presentations
The course is given by Jayne Packham, an experienced trainer and speaker, with over 23 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry. She has worked in Medical Information, with the ABPI Code of Practice and is a qualified plain English writer.
Previous people liked
- Small group size of about 8 people, giving an interactive tutorial feel
- Relevant, practical information to help you develop your evaluation and writing skills
- Meet and network with people from different companies
- Great venue – central location, relaxed feel with great food and snacks to keep you going
This course is good for …
- Staff who are evaluating clinical papers, such as Medical Information, Medical and Science Liaison (MSLs) and Medical Affairs staff in the pharmaceutical industry
- Those involved in writing response letters to customers
- Staff in Medical Information outsourcing companies looking to develop their skills
In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel or alter the content or speakers without notice. We will not be liable for any cots you’ve incurred such as travel or accommodation. If you can cancel your place up to 20 days before the event you will receive a full refund less £70 administration fee. After this date, fees will not be refunded. Substitutions can be made at any time without charge.
Wallacespace, 22 Dukes Road, London, WC1H 9PN
Available spaces remaining: 1Book Now
Bookings are closed for this event.