Hot Topics in Medical Information Conference
Monday 6 February 2017, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Central London, near Euston station
£395 (+ VAT) per person early booking rate – includes course materials, breakfast, a sit down two course lunch, unlimited refreshments and snacks. All early places now booked – standard rate still available.
£445 (+ VAT) per person standard booking rate – includes course materials, breakfast, a sit down two course lunch, unlimited refreshments and snacks
A networking breakfast is available 8.30am onwards
Back by popular demand, the 5th annual Hot topics in Medical Information (MI) Conference will be a day of sharing, discussing and learning. It will include the latest topics being faced by MI with some great speakers to facilitate discussions.
On the agenda
We are delighted to welcome three external speakers to contribute to the day:
- Raising the profile of Medical Information – practical ways to market your department and improve your visibility. Paula Middleton, Head of Medical Information & Medical Education, Grünenthal UK will share her experiences of raising the profile and visibility of MI. She’ll give examples of some of their recent initiatives including using branding, literature, conference booths and videos to keep MI on the map.
- Using IT to improve efficiencies – Debbie Cook, Business Development Manager at Datapharm Communications will update us about their latest SPC change broadcast service which will allow companies to quickly communicate product updates to the likes of BNF, MIMS and drug dictionaries.
- Hot topics from UK Medicines Information – Fiona Woods, Director – Welsh Medicines Information Centre, will join us representing UK Medicines Information pharmacists. This informal session will discuss some common challenges faced by both industry and the NHS, such as handling stability enquires.
Plus the day will include ‘share, learn and discuss’ sessions exploring:
- What are MI being asked during Pharmacovigilance audits or inspections – a chance to update our inspection checklist
- What is the future for Medical Information? As the MI landscape changes with outsourcing, MSLs and scientific advisors, what will the future MI role and skill mix look like?
- Highlights from our recent outsourcing survey – pros and cons
- Our top 5 suggestions for you to become more efficient – insights from our company efficiency audits
- An overview of two new EMA driven sources of information and how they could impact on MI
- And a final Q&A session from the floor. Take advantage of the expertise in the room and ask questions to help you gauge trends to develop your service
Previous conference feedback
Our previous Hot Topics Conferences have been highly rated with delegates liking:
- Relevant agenda with a final Q&A session to ask your own questions (anonymously if needs be)
- Networking opportunities over breakfast and lunch
- Small conference size of about 30 people, giving opportunities to discuss and share ideas to help shape your own department policies
- A great venue, a relaxed atmosphere conducive for sharing and learning from colleagues in other companies
Who should attend?
The day is aimed at Medical Information managers, team leaders and more senior staff, but all are welcome.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel or alter the content or speakers without notice. We will not be liable for any costs you’ve incurred such as travel or accommodation. If you cancel your place up to 20 days before the event you will receive a full refund less £90 administration fee. After this date, fees will not be refunded. Substitutions can be made at any time without charge.
Wallacespace, 22 Dukes Road, London, WC1H 9PN
Available spaces remaining: 15Book Now
Bookings are closed for this event.