Hot Topics in Medical Information Conference
Tuesday 20 March 2018, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Central London, near Euston station
£445 (+ VAT) per person standard booking rate – includes course materials, breakfast, a sit down two course lunch, unlimited refreshments and snacks
A networking breakfast is available 8.30am onwards
Bookings close Thursday 15 March 2108
Back by popular demand, the 6th annual Hot Topics in Medical Information (MI) Conference will be a day of sharing, discussing and learning. It will include the latest topics being faced by MI with some great speakers to generate discussions.
On the agenda
- General Data Protection Regulation – Lisa Hughes, Deputy QPPV, Accord Healthcare
Lisa will share the results of a recent GDPR survey, investigating how prepared MI and PV staff are for the new regulation. This will be followed by a discussion about how companies are practically implementing the new regulations.
- Patient engagement – actively informing patients about medicines – Steve Mott, founder of keep me informed
Hear about a new website to keep patients informed – how, what, why?
- Creating a successful MI and MSL partnership – Paula Middleton, Head of MI and MSLs, Grunenthal
Paula has recently taken on this joint role and will share her experiences to strengthen the relationship
- Transitioning Medical Information vendors – Fiona Syndercombe, Manager, Medical UK, Biogen
Fiona will share best practice and lessons learnt from their UK and Ireland team, following a recent move of outsourcing partners
- Metrics making a difference across EMEA – Catherine Sherriff, Head of EMEA Medical Information, Eisai Europe
How metrics reports have raised the profile and value of MI across Europe
- Advances and trends in MI
Jayne Packham’s reflections on the changing landscape of MI – what’s hot and what’s not?
- Final Q&A session
An hour devoted to your questions, gauging trends and solutions from colleagues in the room
Previous conference feedback
Our previous Hot Topics Conferences have been highly rated with delegates liking:
- Relevant agenda with a final Q&A session to ask your own questions (anonymously if needs be)
- Practical ideas to implement, inspirations for service development and opportunity to canvas opinions for your ‘what are others doing about this’ questions
- Small conference size of about 30 people, giving opportunities to network, discuss and share ideas to help shape your own department policies
Who should attend?
The day is aimed at Medical Information managers, team leaders and more senior staff, but all are welcome.
In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel or alter the content or speakers without notice. We will not be liable for any costs you’ve incurred such as travel or accommodation. If you cancel your place up to 20 days before the event you will receive a full refund less £90 administration fee. After this date, fees will not be refunded. Substitutions can be made at any time without charge.
Wallacespace, 22 Dukes Road, London, WC1H 9PN
Available spaces remaining: 6Book Now
Bookings are closed for this event.